We understand how visitor visa applications are evaluated. We can help you make a strong case based on your unique situation. Read more About Us, or contact at info@ManalCanada.com to speak with us directly.
Most travelers need a visitor visa to travel to Canada. You may also need one if you’re transiting through a Canadian airport on your way to your final destination.
What is a Visitor Visa?
A visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa) is an official document that is pasted in applicant’s passport upon successful approval of application. It shows that they meet the requirements needed to enter Canada.
What is needed to obtain a visitor visa?
A foreign national who need visitor visa to enter Canada will require to provide some or all documents given below depending on the category of application.
- A valid travel and ID document, such as a passport
- Family information that includes applicant’s parents, spouse, children and siblings
- Bank account statements to show applicant has enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada and is well established in their home country
- Copies of previous visas in their passport to show travel history, if any
- Itinerary to show how long they plan to stay and what you’ll do in Canada
- Proof of relationship if reason of visit is to see a family member. Documents include birth certificate, marriage certificate or copy of passport page showing parents and spouse names.
- Letter of invitation – a copy of the letter from the family member inviting you to Canada. The letter must be written to you from your family member
- Employer information – a letter from applicant’s employer can confirm that they have a stable job and will return to their country at the end of visit
- Any other information to prove that they will leave Canada at the end of visit
Things to Watch for after application submission
Applicant will receive letter to get fingerprinting done in some cases medical exam, police certification and interview may also be required
Upon Entry to Canada
Immigration officer will check visitor’s passport and may ask questions evaluate their purpose of visit to ensure that
- they are eligible for entry into Canada
- they leave Canada at the end of your approved length of stay
Then officer will stamp visitor’s passport or let them know how long they can stay in Canada. Normal allowed period of visitor visa is up to 6 months.
For more information no visitor visa application please contact us at info@ManalCanadaImmigration.com
If parents and grand parents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents wanted to stay longer in Canada as visitor they can apply for Super Visa. Under this option parents and grandparents can stay up to 5 years on a single visit and visa will remain valid for up to 10 years.
In addition to meeting requirements for standard visitor visa following documents will be needed proof that applicant’s child or grandchild’s household meets the minimum necessary income; that can be proved by including Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year:
- Proof of payment for medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
- valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
- at least $100,000 emergency coverage
- Proof of passing a medical exam
To be eligible for this program, parents and grandparents must meet standard visitor visa requirements. In addition, they must:
- Provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada
- Show that the sponsor in Canada meets minimum income requirements
- Prove they have purchased Canadian health insurance for at least one year
- Complete an immigration medical examination
- Provide proof of their relationship to the child/ grandchild – their sponsor